post the XF86Config-4
My experience is that, remove ALL modelines is the best.
Printable View
post the XF86Config-4
My experience is that, remove ALL modelines is the best.
I tried the vga=normal, the same problem occurs. However I no longer pass an undefined mode number with the modules with that cheat
Remove ALL the modelines? Oy vey!
::goes to edit configs again::
On a wild whim, I attached a working external monitor to my laptop. All is working now. Thanks anyways guys.
i am trying to load knoppix into an inspiron 2500 as well, but i can't even get past the first driver detection, it just sits there. something to do with SCSI, but it's being a pain. i will have to take the laptop's hd out, load knoppix to the hd from a desktop system, and see if it will boot then, un less anyone knows how to get around the scsi thing.
"Welcome to KNOPPIX live Linux-on-CD!
Probing SCSI... aic7xxx.o" (and here it stays...)
Have you tried the noscsi cheatcode?
wow, didn't know about these, thanks! YES IT WORKS! :D :twisted: :D :twisted: :D :twisted: :D