Within the final DEBUG shell you are root; type "whoami" to verify it.Quote:
In Werner's post #6, the mv operation must be done as root to be effective.
Within the final DEBUG shell you are root; type "whoami" to verify it.Quote:
In Werner's post #6, the mv operation must be done as root to be effective.
What's the output fromCode:ls -la /etc/syslog*
Curious! Why don't you get '/var/log/message' and '/var/log/syslog'?
Can you see the wallpaper after "Tux in Vitruvian pose" or what happens otherwise?Quote:
The script stops at init 5, just after displaying the Tux in Vitruvian pose.
Tux remains in the pose forever! But alt+Ctrl+F2 takes me to the console.Quote:
Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz
I don't know whether booting using cloop makes any difference, but my desktop also doesn't have these message and syslog files.Quote:
Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz
You'll only get these logfiles, if Knoppix cannot find a file called '/etc/syslog-knoppix.conf'.Quote:
.. but my desktop also doesn't have these message and syslog files.
I've looked over your Xorg.log.0, but I'm not expert for graphic card problems; perhaps this may help:
Video-detection-wrong-resolution
I didn't believe the video would be the culprit once again. I had cracked this once in Debian Lenny. Since my desktop had no problem with nvidia card with the Knoppix DVD, I did not assume my laptop, which also has an nvidia card, will have a problem with the same DVD.
I know the code for fbdev and vesa, so used it and was booted into the graphical display.
Thanks.
But this setup is bare-minimal and does not have the snazzy effects of compiz fusion plugin.
What I find is that the concerned graphics cards' chipsets are different. Perhaps this is why Knoppix can't boot into graphical display.
Maybe future versions will, I hope!