Following up on Finger's post :
Securing Debian Manual
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/se...-debian-howto/
Printable View
Following up on Finger's post :
Securing Debian Manual
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/se...-debian-howto/
In addition to the fine suggestion above you may want to look into installing the program bastille-linux a security hardening tool. Also coming from the windows world where security seems to be taken so lightly by MS I can see where you would be concerned. Rest assured that people in Linux take security as their number 1 priority and when problems arise they are fixed ASAP you do not have to wait months or even years for problems that are known to be corrected.Quote:
Originally Posted by bongski55
I do not wish to ascribe motives to the person who made this post but I find it strange that he did not even make the effort to inform the developers ( at least I have seen no mention of it on the developers list) the usual procedure in cases of a problem is to inform the developers give them the opporitunity to correct the problem and then when you post the vulnerability you offer a solution or work around to the problem. Just my 2 cents and worth every penny.
I've installed bastille and done the scripts. Is there a way to check that it (particularly the firewall is working?
Gibson Research Corporation has a free port scanner you would be looking for the Shield's Up link. You can also use security scan from Sygate.Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixDzerzhinsky
Thanks Stephen. It works! :D