Re: xplinux is a TOTAL ripoff -- DO NOT BUY!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by user127
I really wish they would delist xplinux as a Knoppix distributor.
You really need to pass this information along to Knopper.net, a compeltely different site owned and run by completely different people. Your post here may warn some people, but there was already a post here and it didn't serve to warn you.
What are you talking about?
Why "knopper.net", when I found xplinux.biz on the vendor list on THIS site?
As for the post that was already here -- the guy said that his issue was eventually resolved, however in my
case, the issue was never resoved, therefore my posting has added addtional information for people
which was not here before, that is, that xplinux.biz is a total ripoff.
From the tone of your message, I get the sense that you think I was responsible for being
ripped off just because I didn't surf every Linux forum before purchasing.
Re: xplinux is a TOTAL ripoff -- DO NOT BUY!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by user127
Why "knopper.net", when I found xplinux.biz on the vendor list on THIS site?
Perhaps you would like to post an actual link. This site does link to the knopper.net site. If you found it here (such as in the wiki somewhere), then it can be changed here. If fact, if it's in the wiki then you should be able to add your own warnings yourself.
Re: xplinux is a TOTAL ripoff -- DO NOT BUY!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by user127
Why "knopper.net", when I found xplinux.biz on the vendor list on THIS site?
Perhaps you would like to post an actual link. This site does link to the knopper.net site. If you found it here (such as in the wiki somewhere), then it can be changed here. If fact, if it's in the wiki then you should be able to add your own warnings yourself.
You know what? I did get the vendor list from knopper.net, however, besides the fact that the domain names are nearly identical, they link to this site from this page:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-info/index-en.html
Even before I posted here, I wrote that site owner and noticed that xplinux.biz has since been delisted:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-vendors/index-en.php