Why cant anyone help...
Printable View
Why cant anyone help...
Carey,
You are not the only one who has that problem. :)
I have a similar problems using my SMC USB Wireless Adapter connectons. Knoppix just did not recognize it. That simple. :)
So I bought another one from LinkSys PCI Card Instant Wireless. It works like a charm.
When Knoppix does not recognize it, then you have to make a lot of efforts to make it work. But when it recognizes it, you do not have to do anything. Jut plug and play. :)
Hope this helps. :)
I cant just buy a new one...
I was just assuming that you still can refund that adapter and get another. That is what I did.Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey
But if not, then .. hm...I am sure somebody here can help.
I will get back to you on this....I think I would have the answer. :)
Ive had the card ages.. only been intrested in learning Linux recently though.
BUMP
BUMP
WHY CANT YOU HELP ME INSTALL THEM DRIVERS
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP ME
You sound frustrated, are you?
Might be my findings about another card using the same chip
(Atmel at76c503a) can help. Find them here in the Hardware forum.
This is no final solution, but you can see, if your card then is supported. Please report success/failure with my method.
regards
Georg