hmm Ok, thank you very much, I'll have to check out my LCD tomorow....
Printable View
hmm Ok, thank you very much, I'll have to check out my LCD tomorow....
here's a few lines from my xf86config-4 file:
-----------------------
Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
Option "DPMS" "true"
# HorizSync 28.0 - 78.0 # Warning: This may fry very old Monitors
HorizSync 70 - 80# Warning: This may fry old Monitors
# VertRefresh 50.0 - 76.0 # Very conservative. May flicker.
VertRefresh 50-85# Extreme conservative. Will flicker. TFT default.
----------------
there's more .. but I think it's not needed, after a bunch of "defaults" :
--------------------
vendorname "ViewSonic"
modelname "VG800"
ModeLine "1280x1024/61Hz" 110 1280 1328 1512 1712 1024 1025 1028 1054
EndSection
------------------------
end of applicable section
Uhm the monitor, a viewsonic 18 in lcd, it's says it's runnin at 79.7 Horiz and 74.7 vert.
i dunno.. If anyone can suggest other places where vid settings might be.
I do know that when I switch tty's and switch back, it is actually displaying nothing, while still letting keystrokes, and by expirimenting, mouse strokes thru.
and after a reboot, I doo see the switcher for users.. but once tty's are swaped... there's no getting vid feed back.
Any one want to point out where thos settings are spawned?