Originally Posted by Cuddles
Stephen, OH HOW COOL :!: "pointers!", or I guess they would be called "remote 'links'" in a Windows world (?) ALIASES - never thought of it... You would create this as a text file right? And the placement of this file would be under the /root/ home directory, under a folder [dot]bashrc ??? Do I add it to a specific "existing" file, or create my own? I am missing your statement, or explaination, on this somewhat though -=- it only runs every-other time??? (btw - I like your "Sherlock Holmes" way of dealing with upgrades, and very well explained, but, in practice, its kind of hard to always do it though - in my case, and what usually gets me into this trouble is, I take the "quick and dirty" FAST way out. It is only after I do the upgrade do I pay the price for my "easy way out"...