ok, here is what I get with hdparm /dev/hdc and hdparm -d /dev/hdc
so confused....Quote:
Originally Posted by #
Printable View
ok, here is what I get with hdparm /dev/hdc and hdparm -d /dev/hdc
so confused....Quote:
Originally Posted by #
Ok that is what I needed to see the DMA will work on your machine you now just need to edit either the /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh file and put these two line near the bottom the exit 0 one will already be there.Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Seagull
Or you can put it in the proper file the /etc/hdparm.conf in the format I posted above and everytime you boot the DMA will be set on the drive and you should get better playback.Code:## Added by me for DMA on DVD player
hdparm -qd1 /dev/hdc
: exit 0
/me cries.... :cry:
I am _so_ sorry. I still have no idea what I'm to change what to.
What do you mean the "link for the /dev/dvd points to the /dev/scd0" ? Is that the /dev/dvd should be changed to /dev/scd0 or /dvd should be changed to /scd0 ?
also, my fstab has *no* mention of 'hdc'.....what is it exactly? Do I need to change something?
I feel like such a moron. :(
I guess I need you to spell it out in baby steps....anyone who actually understood this..step by silly, stupid step.
Again, I'm _so_ sorry I'm such an idiot.
:edit:
nvm....Got it!!!
Thx for all the help!