Ok, cool. Will try that then.
Thanks
Printable View
Ok, cool. Will try that then.
Thanks
oh yeah, and if you have a windows partition try partitioning with partition magic in windows. do a ext.2 partition for linux plus a swap file with ext.3 partition magic does it automatically for you, really easy. If you don't know what partition magic is private mssg me.
oops... meant to say ext.2 for both... really don't matter if you use ext.2 or ext.3 but make them both the same.
I've never had any issues with knoppix-installer. I hesitated on it too at first, but it really is better if you give it a chance. Just remember to do the Debian-style install...it sounds like you may have chosen the Knoppix-style install. And don't use ext2, use ext3 or reiserfs (ext3 is the default).
I am no expert but I have seen where people have had problems with ext.3. I Myself have been able to make both work (although I did have problems on one install using ext.3) I use ext.2 because I seem to get a cleaner, more stable build. I guess it's just a matter of preference. I have read that it's better to have ext.3 in case of an irregular shutdown (hardboot, power surge/failure) but my setup seemed to like ext.2 better. I will probably try ext.3 again when I get knoppix 3.4 and I am hoping it will resolve the issiue of my SATA raid 0 hdds not being able to be mounted with the new 2.6 kernel. I run knoppix off my other IDE hard drive.