Re: Newbies? These guys aren't newbies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna
If those who post here are newbies, than what am I? Eternal moron or what?
Trying to venture into Linux can be a ...humbling experience. Even after you got somehow through your mental block, there's just so much to learn when all you did under Windows was the very basic stuff. I never looked beyond the applications I needed.
Hi,
the one thing you forgot is that you are on Knoppix and the one thing you don't knew is:
There is a "Knoppix-Menu".
Either "K, Knoppix" or the penguin in the bar (for 3.4).
From there you can find:
- Printer Config
- Persistent Home config
- Desktop change (restart of the session you asked for)
and other useful things.
So what are for Windows the "System Settings" is for Knoppix the Knoppix-Menu and just in second instance the "Control Center" ...
cu
Fabian
PS: Have fun!