Oh rats! I should've catched on to the IP. Well, I think your problem is getting solved now so you can start fishing :)
Printable View
Oh rats! I should've catched on to the IP. Well, I think your problem is getting solved now so you can start fishing :)
Well thats what the problem was. When I did ifconfig i copied down the wrong IP number! :oops:
I knew something was wrong somewhere. But its working perfectly now. I can run ssh on both computers and share files betweeen them. Whew......now with that problem solved I can return to my other 2 issues. Getting optical mouse to work and Lcd monitor to work....thaks all for the help. bob58 :lol:
:cry: Please, I am just a begginer in linux, and I am having problems to configurate my IP to can use the conecction of the university, can someone give me a sugestion?
Troubleshooting Fish:
Since this has been made into a sticky & it hasn't been mentioned yet, the most common problem with using Konqueror's fish protocol is when it refuses to connect to the remote computer. This is usually because the key signature from the remote does not match the signature in home/<username>/.ssh/known_hosts.
The fix is simple....just delete /home<username>/.ssh/known_hosts & attempt to reconnect. After confirmation, a new known_hosts file will be generated.
el_santo: I am not sure what you are asking. If you are attempting to connect into the university's network, I think you will have to contact their system administrator to first, get permission and second, find out what the required ip's & logons are.