Successful DVD burn of 3.8GB in "split" mode
After many attempts to use Video files to enhance the size of the KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file, I decided to reverse my approach.
I entered the Video into the "prefix" newimage file before running the mkisofs command.
I entered too much Video in the first trial and it generated a concatenated file too large for the DVD disc.
I cut back to 2.4GB of Video in the Video directory I added to the newimage/KNOPPIX file.
I then ran the mkisofs routine to generate KNOPPIX-prefix.iso.
Having already made the "suffix" .iso , I entered it into /mnt/src.... mount -o loop KNOPPIX-suffix.iso /mnt/src
I then ran cat KNOPPIX-prefix.iso /mnt/src/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX > KNOPPIX-final.iso.
This .iso was burned to DVD+RW in k3b.
The resultant DVD booted in 3minutes 39 seconds to KONQEROR display in desktop.
The video files are found in the CDROM under KNOPPIX directory/VIDEO subdirectory. They can be copied to /Desktop to eliminate the access delay from CDROM. When played from Desktop they are in RAM.
The DVD disc is nearly fully burned, perhaps 3/16 inch of radius left on the disc which is not yet burned.
The DVD has cloop, uncompressed video, UNIONFS, and Klik.cmg all operable from a LiveDVD capable of full 4.4GB write space.
The test performed confirms that the DVD can be loaded to full capability using the "split.iso" method and if the files are compressed in /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX will produce a LiveDVD with 9GB of applications.
I ran....df -h.... and received the following:
__________________Device Size Used Avail Use Mounted On________________________________________________ ______
root 3.4M 17K 3.4M 1% /
Devhdc 3.2G 3.2G 0 100% /CDROM
Devcloop 1.9G 1.9G 0 100% /KNOPPIX
ramdisk 1.6G 23M 1.6G 2% /ramdisk
UNIONFS 7.9G 5.5G 2.4G 71% /UNIONFS
This LiveDVD demonstrates the use of compressed and uncompressed files together with Klik.cmg capability on a single bootable media with capability exceeding 9GB when using all file systems provided.
Access speed cmg versus normal access in DVD
One observation concerning th LIVE DVD 4.0 is that it is compatible with klik cmg system.
If one desires, OPERA is available in cmg format and can be installed via klik.
If it is installed, it can be executed far faster than the DVD included "firefox".
This characteristic should prevail for all cmg-related files.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/
For unknown reason, the internet access of myconf does not execute in DVD 4.0.
The data is present when the card config is re-entered.
Any ideas?