Is this taking too long?
Knoppix is/was hot, Tom's Hardware posted reviews, mentioned on ScreenSavers, Trade shows etc., but now it's flatlined.
Maybe just release someting with KDE 3.2 at least.,
most just want to use it to do a HD install.
Printable View
Is this taking too long?
Knoppix is/was hot, Tom's Hardware posted reviews, mentioned on ScreenSavers, Trade shows etc., but now it's flatlined.
Maybe just release someting with KDE 3.2 at least.,
most just want to use it to do a HD install.
I just want to say that this waiting time is totally ok ... as often mentioned was Knoppix 3.4 CeBIT only the first step to 2.6 and some Knoppix improvements. Now Klaus wants to add KDE 3.2 and improves the first bugs and problems to support better and better 2.6.
Now the problems with the packages is coming up - this already killed me in developing a new Kix Version. :? But more Features more Space needed so there is no way out and Klaus searches now the best way!
The only good way to tell Klaus your ideas - but please only when they are really helpfull is this way: http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermai...ate.html#start
If we have to wait too long...
...it will be time to put 3.4 off some more, while we get the 2.7 kernel and KDE 4.0 ready!!!
:oops:
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insuficiently advanced." - Geek's Corolary to Clarke's Law
Being a Linux novice (not quite a newbie :wink: ) I have a question.
So far the distro's I've tried(CeBit & Danix) with the 2.6 Kernel don't work on my laptop (HP Pavilion 4115). By don't work I mean locks up during boot.
Knoppix has always worked great for me. Should I assume that since the other distro's locked up that Knoppix 3.4 with the 2.6 Kernel will also lock up or am I underestimating Klaus's Kung-Fu :P
Thanks for any insight
Robert
OK, calm down guys and dolls. Give Klauss a break! Its not like we haven't benefitted from his magic for years now. Give him time, he and his team will release it when its ready!
Use 3.3 in the mean time, otherwise, break it up, nothing to see here...
Regards,
AJG
Well it looks as though LaTeX and Koffice may get removed. Some of you will be happy about this, but I'm sad to see Koffice going.
If you want to see what's holding up the 3.4 release, then you should look at the following link.
http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermai...il/004988.html
Ooh, I'm looking forward to the "Lots of new usability features and gimmicks" more than anything :) I'm still on Windows primarily because of things like this. KDE 3.2.2 will be nice, too.
Was just about to post the same link :) Well work is continuing (so a CD 3.4 should be out *soon* but-don't-hold-your-breath), and many will be happy to hear that an updated DVD isp lanned.Quote:
Originally Posted by aay
Great, anyone here, who is not holding the *sacred$ secret of when the iso's are goin' to be reseased? I'm expecting it to be soooooon .....
No one knows except Klaus. If you look at the date on his post, you'll see it's April 20th and he said it should be out in "a few days" so I'm hoping that it will be out by the end of the week. Nevertheless, note well his remark that "It's ready when it's ready."Quote:
Originally Posted by gromeo