Only Firefox-1.iso and Firefox3.iso will boot
Gandalfar-
I always get a non-system disk error whenever I try to boot Stallion1.iso, Stallion2.iso, or VFF4.iso on my new Abit VF7 motherboard (other computers boot them fine though). Firefox3.iso and Firefox-1.iso (your old versions) boot just fine on this motherboard so it's not the motherboard (and I've tried a bunch of other LiveCDs too with no problem). I've made dozens of coasters, tried the lowest record speed (4X), different CD media, different CD recorders, and even swapped CD-ROMs but I still can't make the 3 newer iso's work (Stallion1.iso, Stallion2.iso, or VFF4.iso).
Others have also mentioned problems booting with the newer iso's when your first released Stallion1.iso.
Any idea what changed from Firefox3.iso to Stallion1.iso? It looks like you're using the same boot-loader for everything, yes? (I heard somewhere that going from syslinux to isolinux was causing similar problems with the DSL distro on some machines)
Thanks!
Dave
Re: Only Firefox-1.iso and Firefox3.iso will boot
Quote:
Originally Posted by davea0511
Firefox3.iso and Firefox-1.iso (your old versions) boot just fine ......
Others have also mentioned problems booting with the newer iso's when your first released Stallion1.iso.
I have access to a range of machines some of which boot with stallion2 some wont.
If I can get the older Firefox ISO's Ill let you know if they work.
I've had a quick look on LiveCD but there's only the latest cd's from the front page.
Re: Only Firefox-1.iso and Firefox3.iso will boot
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow
[If I can get the older Firefox ISO's Ill let you know if they work.
Found it (http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=71814)
Burned it
Worked on at least one of the machines that Stallion didnt so it looks like it is a change in the CD.
Ghandalfar, Was stallion1.iso created from Firefox-1.iso or was it from a diffrent base ISO?
Error: No suitable X-server found for your card
HI have question...from reading your post many seem familiar with the remaster kiosk stuff...i have written a few post about how to do this. Well after reading much of the sutff here and in book "Knoppix Hacks" I have managed to remaster a Knoppix cd for a kiosk ...i need to set up in lobby at work for the field workers to use. They use it to check post by company. The kiosk is to only give them access to a specifc site set up on one of our servers. And they are not to be able to use any of the linux programs or be able to visit other sites.
I made a kiosk cd that boots imediatley into kiosk mode and opens the browser right away. It has all the setting I need and such. Works perfect. :)
Problem though the cd only works on that specific machine i used to create the CD. I need to make the same cd but it need to work in any of the other pc's.
After thinking about it and writing about this in post it was suggested i must be copying some setting from the creating pc to the kiosk cd. So that when i try to boot it from other computer it is using machine settings from creator pc instead of scanning new pc and using settings for that specific pc.
It was suggested to remove the XF86Config-4 file from source then remaster.
I did that and I checked file not there in remaster. Then burned cd and tested on few machines I get the same error message.
Error: No suitable X-server found for your card
Now in the book "Knoppix Hacks" it tells you on page 64 hack#21 if you are going to be using the cd in different computer to only save your "Personal Configurations" and not to save the graphics, network, desktop, printer ect.... settings. So that when inserted in new computer it will search for the settings it needs instead of assuming.
Ok so i try this one....and this time cd does boot, but :( it does not boot into kiosk mode like before..It loads KDE and stuff. And brings up desktop...
Anyone have idea what is happening ...I thought i ask here cus this post all about remstering and making kiosk sound like many of you have had success and no problem with cd being used in other computers...which means some of you must know the right way to do it. :)
Please any help appreciated.