i actually use gcc from cd to do things so... KEEP IT!
Printable View
i actually use gcc from cd to do things so... KEEP IT!
Fabian,
Is all this any help?
How soon d'yer reckon before 3.4 is released?
<Thinking aloud>
Wonder if it would be better if Klaus compiled the kernel source or headers into a .deb or (even better, a tarball) file that we could install ourselves thru a script in case we need to compile additional modules against the source or headers? The headers don't take much space when compressed into a deb. or even a tar file. With a script,we could untar the header to use for compiling stuff. This would be 2 tarfiles; one for 2.4 and one for 2.6 kernels. The source code might be a problem installing when running from a cd, but the headers shouldn't be a problem.
The way I got turned onto Knoppix was in College in my CS classes. I would use Knoppix at home when I couldn't get to the college comptuer lab to do lab work. In fact in addition to gcc it would be nice to get the lam(mpi) libraries included at some point :-) (Are they included on the DVD version?)Quote:
Does anyone
- Run a web server from the CD-distro?
- Compile software from the CD-distro?
So I think knoppix should definately be kept as College friendly as possible to help introduce a new generation to Linux.
Robert
If I click on one of the links I get "No input file specified." maybe a good sign? or maybe I'm clicking the wrong link.
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html
These are the links to the servers I was talking about
Interesting, nvgringo. I get the same when clicking on any US mirrors. I didn't try any others. Maybe they're moving some new ISO's to the mirrors. That'd keep us busy through the w/e, then we'd be asking when 3.5 was going to be available.
BR
I swear somebody posted a link to a utility that searches for duplicate files then replaces then with links to cut down on remastering size. If I'm not loosing my mind :twisted: , can some please repost the link?
For what is worth, LAM and MPICH are included in the Quantian live cd :)Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseNX
Cheers...
Well, when I heard that LaTex might bite the dust in KNOPPIX I started looking at QUANTIAN. This liveCD is amazing. Its based on clusterKNOPPIX so you can setup an openMOSIX cluster in no time and has tons of math/science apps!
Regards,
AJG