Newbie Touchscreen Success! :) But with show stoppers. :(
I've got my 100% Flash application working with LiveInfo on my touchscreen and it's mostly (see problems below) looking good - not bad for a linux newbie, eh? Two huge problems left though, and unfortunately they are both show-stoppers for a touch-screen kiosk application:
1) My LCD goes into power-save mode every 10 minutes or so after inactivity. To make sure it wasn't my LCD montior I also plugged my CRT into it - but I had the same problem so it looks like its caused by LiveInfo (I also checked my BIOS setting to make sure). How do I turn off the power-save feature? With regard to touchscreens this problem is like having your keyboard vanish after it sits idle for a time.
2) Whenever I touch the touchscreen an annoying cursor is left where I touched it. How's the easiest way to get rid of it or make it invisible? Anyone? Bhueller? Preferably with a easy hack like putting an invisible cursor somewhere in the /copy/ directory?
That said, I want to compliment Skrat and Gandalfar and the rest of their team on an incredibe Morphix based LiveCD. This "translucency" feature of Morphix makes it very easy for newbies like myself to customize (I did it all on RedHat9). It looks easier than doing it with knoppix (I also have the "Knoppix Hacks" book), and it's small enough to fit on a cheap solid-state (silent) flash-IDE drive.
But these two show-stoppers must be resolved if this is to be used for touchscreens.
-dave0511
ps - my iso automatically installs the magictouch touchscreen driver which is by far the cheapest way to add touchscreen functionality to your hardware. let me know if you want a copy of the iso: davea0511 ~ at ~ yahoo.com