Originally Posted by colin stewart
Hmmm.. Sadly, I've just got to the point where I had to make a decision and I just said "knoppix is going to end up being here too late", so I just had to install XP again for now :(
However I'll keep using knoppix from CD from time to time as it's the best way I know of for keeping a watchful eye on linux's development and for monitoring how close it 's got to being finished enough that an ordinary end user could regard it as a viable alternative to other OSes. The sooner, the better, in my view, but it's clearly going to be worth the wait eventually! :lol:
When there's a linux with a working HD install for desktop and home server versions, then I'll trial it on the domestic hardware of the day again, and if it works, then it stays. I say that with any OS. I'd not be very surprised if that installer involved a knoppix cd or a close relative! :wink: