I get the same results here, but you can access the Knoppix ftp areas if you go through the main sites. Haven't found 3.4 yet...
Printable View
I get the same results here, but you can access the Knoppix ftp areas if you go through the main sites. Haven't found 3.4 yet...
Thanks hkfczrqj, I'll have to give this Quantian a looking at. Maybe after they update to the new knoppix 3.4 kernel :-)Quote:
Originally Posted by hkfczrqj
Robert
I hope this waiting is worth it.
Take out KOffice, I don't care. Just put in a kickass wallpaper. The latter versions of knoppix 3.3 had an okay wallpaper. I expect something like the 3.2 wallpaper!
Have to do something while we are waiting, so I've ordered a copy of the Suse 9.1 LiveCD.. at least I have that to look forward to.
Distrowatch have a download link to it if you are interested..
regards
---------------------------------------------------
"If you have nothing to do, don't do it here!"
Yeah, if 3.4 doesn't have kickass wallpaper then I'm sticking with Windows for good!Quote:
Originally Posted by reub2000
:P
I'm still mad knoppix doens't have a paper-clip animation to help me.
:lol:
Robert
Do you know if 3.4 will include the new xfce4?
Oh, it's so quiet - as Bjork used to sing... :)
Seems to me we are looking into 3.4 release sometime in MAY? Am I right Fabian?
BTW, for quite some time now in my home LUG forum there have been repetitive problems with Knoppix HDD install (2004-02-09 and 2004-02-16). The install script does not install ifupdown, whereas eth0 settings are lost every time one reboots the machine. After #apt-get install etherconf, the bug is gone (etherconf installs ifupdown as part of the install process), but newbies have a hard time going around this. Perhaps someone could check this befere 3.4 is out?
Best regards,
Smith
The redirector is broken. You can still get to a mirror by editing the link and chopping off everything up to the actual mirror's site name. PVQuote:
Originally Posted by Howard
Here it is! The best way to make room on the Knoppix CD! Remove the bloat: KDE, Emacs, Mozilla. This would save tons of space!
Instead, include WindowMaker, OpenOffice, nano (www.nano-editor.org; why isn't this already in Knoppix?) and Firefox.
Note. I realize this is a fantasy request. If I have a few hours to spare one night, I will remaster Knoppix 3.4 into NoppiX = (no KDE; includes LaTeX). WindowMaker by default. Remastering is the number two reason KNOPPIX is great!