Well if you had tried beginner mode, it would have taken your language ...Quote:
Originally Posted by DinB
cu
Fabian
PS: At least the installer was programmed to do so ...
Printable View
Well if you had tried beginner mode, it would have taken your language ...Quote:
Originally Posted by DinB
cu
Fabian
PS: At least the installer was programmed to do so ...
Hi Fabianx
well assuming begginer mode meant using the hd scripts from the root shell, so that is what I did with dannix.
using knx-hdinstall all appeared to go well, but on reboot I had a kernel panic and was not sure how to fix that.
using knoppix-installer all appeared to go well even rebooted and started fine - untill I noted the login and everything else was in czech again :cry:
Gave that up and went back to knoppix 3.4-c't
got some good tips from nvgringo and http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8943
now, a few hours later and I've got a copy booting from the hard drive. :D :o :)
Funny thing thought from the hard drive it does not recognise my nic, yet when I boot from the CD it does - very strange - brain a bit dead now, need to think some about that.
Its certainly a nice way to speed up your learning when things do not go right first time :)
>untill I noted the login and everything else was in czech again
I'm not sure about Danix, but in Knoppix the login manager needs to have the language set to, well, whatever language you want. In certain circumstances, it will default to the first language on the list (czech).
Log in as root and use the settings menu to find the login manager.
That sounds like a good idea, except it won't allow you (or at least me) to log in as root. It just restarts X every time I try...
use ctrl+alt+F2 that goves you a root console.
Righto... sooo.. how do you get to the settings manager to edit your language or whatever from that type of non-x console?
Anybody know whennnnnnnnnnn?
I hope it soon :D
From the knopper.net/knoppix page, it will be ready when it is ready.
Personally I hope they go back and package the 2.4.26 kernel before release, since that came out today.
I wonder if someone has thought of a way to replace the kernel on a HDD installed system with a script pointing to a repository. Like the programs you can install over the net. Using Klik would be cool: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7680
That's happening because root has no window manager selected. At the login session window, select "kde" from theQuote:
Originally Posted by Seeker
session type drop-down menu, and it'll step through the kde "New Profile" wizard and setup up KDE for root.
Even after you have changed the language settings, a load of Danix will still be in Czech as they are the language packages install for a lot of apps. Sorry... but it's only doing as intended, a czech version of knoppix. It's a nice version though.
New Overclockix 3.4 remaster hit the streets yesterday. has some patched up installers to avoid some of the problems in the original cebit 3.4. Also has some user-requested packages like firefox, thunderbird, mplayer, the newer gimp 2.0, karamba, and many more. Has been apt-get upgraded to unstable distribution for newest packages available. Highly customized desktops, and KDE now at 3.2.2. Openoffice removed to make space. You can apt-get install openoffice.org for hdd-installs. kdei18n multi-language stuff has been removed for space also. This thing is defaults to English (KDE and Keyboard)!
http://overclockix.octeams.com
The beta from a few months ago had bugs in the kmenu and kicker, but in the new release these things have been fixed.
It is available by Bittorrent due to popularity. My hosts get hammered otherwise. We did almost 150 d/l's in the first 24 hours since distrowatch took notice of the new release.