Is there an md5 to go with it?
Printable View
Is there an md5 to go with it?
I read this in distrowatch:
A new updated release of the Knoppix live CD is now available for your downloading pleasure. From the changelog: "V3.4-2004-05-17 (small updates). Kernel 2.6.6; harddisk installer (Fabian Franz) update; live installer (Fabian Franz) update; fixed knoppix-terminalserver boot-graphics; removed ipw2100 support in kernel 2.6.6 because it does not work there (gcc incompatibilities, changed kernel api)." Download from one of the many Knoppix mirrors: KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-DE.iso (690MB) or KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-EN.iso (690MB).
:?: :?:
The live-installer is a set of wrapper scripts that allow you to use apt on the livecd environment.Quote:
Originally Posted by Edix
Thanks, so is there a script to handle a poormans install to a partition no as fat32 file? It would sure be handy!
Thanks again
Yah, but is there an md5 to go with it?
With the 2.6.6 kernel, 3.4 5-17-04
seems to have instantly recognized my Serial ATA configuration. That was a problem with previous versions and a lot of other distro's.
with:
with this motherboard:
http://www.digital-daily.com/motherboard/msi-kt6-delta/
and this hard drive:
Model Number:ST380023AS
Capacity:80 GB
Speed:7200 rpm
Seek time:9 ms avg
Interface:Serial ATA
http://www.seagate.com/cda/products...ber/1,,,00.html
That was a big improvement for such a small update.
vielen Dank Knoppix Entwicklung Mannschaft
vielen Dank Knoppix Gemeinschaftsunterstützung
vielen Dank
thank you very much Knoppix development team
thank you very much Knoppix community support
thank you very much
I believe what you are looking for is the tohd cheatcode. Then you just need to set up a way to boot it ... (cd, floppy or lilo/grub/other boot loader on hard disk).Quote:
Originally Posted by Edix
How can I get or create the kernel headers for the 2.6.6 kernal?
:?
I tried to "update"my ISO from last week's release. I renamed my ISO accordingly and pulled the latest .torrent file. I was hoping that my BT client would check the ISO and start updating only what was needed. Unfortunately, it did not work, but the torrent was quick enough for me to pull the entire file within an hour or two. :)
-SUO
Upgrading from 3.3 to 3.4 (2004-05-17), using kernel 2.4, everythig goes ok except that when I perform "dpkg-reconfigure console-common" the answer is:
"Looking for keymap to install: None"
Any help will be apreciated, thanks in advance
Klaudio