still wouldn't support linux
Even if AOL put Knoppix on a CD, they still wouldn't support Linux clients on AOL! You still wouldn't be able to connect to AOL with the Linux disc.
Although, you'd think by now with the succes of Mozilla that they'd build in some kind of Linux/ alt OS support. As much as people dog it, the extra content [streaming music, secured kids areas, services] they provide is worth the little extra dime. If only they'd get their heads out [of their B()##] and sell internet connection rather than some cable/network/telcom wannabe!
Re: still wouldn't support linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabhatter
Even if AOL put Knoppix on a CD, they still wouldn't support Linux clients on AOL! You still wouldn't be able to connect to AOL with the Linux disc.....
Well, maybe this is better - Which Linuxer would like to use AOL?
The question was what we whant to see, I wrote that I whant to see
Knoppix on every > 400MB free space on discs. When AOL-CDs stays
useless, nevermind - there many more free CDs in normal magazins,
which can use Knoppix. :lol:
rob
PS: The Cebit will open in 8 hours, I'm anxious to know when the first
people will anouced that they have a 3.2 iso publiced on their server.
In 20, 44 hours?
using BitTorrent for early dist. of 3.2
I know 3.2 is going to be out there soon and all the mirrors will be jammed up. Can I suggest of using BitTorrent for releasing ... or even early releases (before the mirrors). I think BitTorrent will eliminate any bandwidth issue for an early release.
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/
Can't wait to see 3.2!!!
just my 2 cents...
Min