So are you saying that when I boot I could type knoppix 26 tohd=/dev/hda2 (hda2 is my NTSF) and I could install and run knoppix from my ntsf partition without screwing up my windows and being able to read/write? Or does that just apply to other versions of linux, if so, could I get some links? Thanks.Quote:
Not really true. There are three totally different NTFS drivers for Linux. The 2.4 kernel has a crappy and limited driver and the 2.6 has a much more advanced one but there is a backport to 2.4 as well. Write is completely disabled in 2.4 and Knoppix doesn't use the advanced driver's backport. The advanced driver supports read-write persistent homes SAFELY for over two years now. Several other distros have this feature for a long time. The first one was Phat Linux in 2002, running Linux fully read-write from NTFS. Corrently the most popular such distro is TopologiLinux but there are more
