OK...got it now...but the game shows with all TEXT names representing the CARDS...rather than images :cry:[/b]
Printable View
OK...got it now...but the game shows with all TEXT names representing the CARDS...rather than images :cry:[/b]
Well, following shutdown and reboot, both the /mnt/app directory and the lines added to /etc/fstab are no longer there. So the bug must be burrowed deeper than we thought :cry:
BTW, the 'sillypoker.cmg' still shows on the desktop, and I still get that same error message when I click on it :(
I'm getting the same error.
Here's what's happening with me:
Runnning Koppix3.7 with a PHD(256 USB flash)
* install klik (seems fine)
* installl superkaramba (seems fine, but hangs at 90% for a sec, add asks for comments on the install before it reaches 100%)
* superkaramba.cmg displays on the desktop
* run superkaramba.cmg by clicking on it (runs fine)
* downloaded some themems for superkaramba.cmg (they run fine too)
* reboot (desktop loads, superkaramba.cmg is still there)
* run superkaramba.cmg by clicking on it (it fails with the following error)
Your /etc/fstab is not yet prepared for mounting .cmg images.
As root, please make /mnt/app writeable and add the following lines:
################################################## ##############
/mnt/app/1/image /mnt/app/1 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/2/image /mnt/app/2 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/3/image /mnt/app/3 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/4/image /mnt/app/4 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/5/image /mnt/app/5 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/6/image /mnt/app/6 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/7/image /mnt/app/7 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
################################################## #############
* tried to drag and drop superkaramba.cmg onto .zAppRun (same error)
* if I make the above changes, they get lost after a reboot
* the only obvious fix for me is to reinstall klik after every reboot, which isn't something I really want to do
In early December, before the cmg stuff was added, klik installed to a visible folder within my home directory by default, and so did the apps I installed. Everything ran fine, and even after reboot, klik ran the previously installed programs just fine. I hope this info can help reslove the bug, because I'm a huge fan, and I just want it to run as smoothly as it used to.
Thanks,
Thank you, backlit, for posting your very similar experiences to mine.
You did a great job of describing the problem with all the specifics.
I, too, still have a program, previously installed, which is still working despite the more recent failures.
Sorry it has to be (for now) a negative experience :(
But lets hope that help is on the way :wink:
Hi, for all of you who are using the Live CD:
at reboot, the file /etc/fstab is dynamically (re-)created by Knoppix, and the klik-specific entries are lost. So you have to add them back after every reboot. Fortunately, there is an easy solution:
Simply put in your knoppix.sh (search the forum if you don't know what knoppix.sh is):
Greetings,Code:cat >> /etc/fstab <<\EOF
/mnt/app/1/image /mnt/app/1 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/2/image /mnt/app/2 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/3/image /mnt/app/3 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/4/image /mnt/app/4 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/5/image /mnt/app/5 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/6/image /mnt/app/6 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/7/image /mnt/app/7 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
EOF
probono
Thanks, probono...I've entered that code into knoppix.sh -- and will go on from there...I'm guessing that I will have to now re-install klik...as well as re-install "sillypoker". Can you please verify ??
Thanks once more for all your help ... :)
If you have a persistent home dir then it will hold klik and the apps you install with it. The only additional step required is adding the fstabs lines, so if you are using a config script (knoppix.sh) to do this then things should just work.Quote:
Originally Posted by wsg
Thanks, bfree...
I did re-install "sillypoker" and this time it went to 100% (vs. 90% in previous attempts).
The program is now working :D
I'm not sure if "Program-Specific" Questions should be posted here (or is there another forum for these??)..
But, here's a question about "sillypoker":
The klik page for "sillypoker" says:
Not sure what the "curses interface" is / means...but all I have is text for the cards.Quote:
The program in this package contains support for the standard text interface and the curses interface.
I did make the change in the"sillypoker" OPTIONS panel from text to images, but that made no difference.
I imagine that I need a separate download of card images :?
BTW, I DO have card images in the "ace-of-penguins" program which I previously klik'd...They were apparently included in the single download for that program...
"The program in this package contains support for the standard text interface and the curses interface" means that it contains only two different text interfaces (curses is also text only). Perhaps there is another application with a different name that provides a graphical version.
Greetings,
probono
Thanks, probono...