Hmm...
I know all the reasons that Linux is superior in every way, and am desparately trying to migrate away from Win, but honestly, installing any Linux distro on my computer is driving me insane. Knoppix livecd works great, but as soon as I try to actually install it, everything stops working, and i have to spend days plugging away at text files in a fruitless hit or miss attempt to get the thing to behave. I know the problem lies with my lack of understanding, but I'm busy, and don't have that much time to become an expert. I don't want anyone to have to give up the flexability of being able to configure absolutely everything, but having an option to automatically set everything up (which, frustratingly, Knoppix seems capable of, but unwilling to do on a real install) would be of great comfort to some of us...
Trying, but feeling glum.
