Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by OErjan
the problem is the 2Gig sizelimit for one single file of DVD media. it "splits" the *.ISO file when it is copied back...one file again, that is only way i can understand it.
Yes, that would make sense if the DVD were written in ISO 9660 format. But then the DVD file would not pass the md5 check, which xfiles said it does. So I had assumed that he had written the DVD using a different format, but it would be nice to know just how this DVD was written. Or maybe he used a hybred format to write the DVD that would allow larger files, but since it's hybred Windows is still using the 9660 format to read the data and trunkating the file.
Hello again,
First of all, I have NO problem writing a 2+GB file or even the 3+ GB ISO. I just can't get a correct md5 after I copy that file to my poor, old, decrepit system. And I don't know why. I copied (burned may be the better term) the ISO to a DVD disk using K3B. Selected 'new data project' , found the ISO file and dragged it into the project box, and then clicked "burn". The resulting ISO file, which is now on a DVD disk, passes every MD5 check I've tried. But when I copy that ISO file to my older system's FAT32 hard drive, the size looks the same, everything seems OK, BUT it won't pass the MD5 check. Can't seem to get a passable downloaded torrent file that large on there either. I would just like to know why. Seems like it should.
BTW, I think K3B is about the best burner software you can get. Does everything I want it to.
Thanks