linux commands directory (687 commands)
hi, linuxers,
by browsing at the google I found out a linux commands directory with 687 commands roughly in order to help you out. mainly the newbyes like myself. nice reading! look them up at
http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/linux/cmd/#a
ps: I suggest the moderators to fix this link at the knoppix forum.
:D
:idea:
:arrow:
Re: linux commands directory (687 commands)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carioca
ps: I suggest the moderators to fix this link at the knoppix forum.
I'm not sure what you are asking for here.
Most of us already know that if you search Google for information on Linux that you will come up with more than you can ever read. You have apparently found a list of commands, and now posted a link to that in this forum in a thread about commands. And it's one of a very few threads that are "sticky', that is, they stay at the top of the forum and don't move down with age. I'm not clear on what more you would want a moderator to do.
The forum is a good place to ask questions, have discussions and exchange information. This website also includes a wiki, a user edited set of documentation on Knoppix. Any user can register and edit the wiki, not just moderators. Because it's organized more like a set of reference documents and not like a discussion forum, things in the wiki tend to be much easier to find. In general if one is posting information, I suggest updating the wiki and then putting a link to your work in these forums. I found that this is more efficient than retyping the information the next time someone asks the question rather than search through all of the forums, some of which have hundreds of pages of threads.
Of course, one should not post someone else's work in the wiki without their permission. In a case like this, it would be best to find an appropriate place and post the link, as you did here, not cut and paste the list of commands from someone else's site into the wiki.