I check the CD i downloaded and on th index. html it is showint KNOPPIX 5.0
I tried to go to KNOPPIX and run mkfloppy.bat unde knoppix folder on CD but there is no such batch file on the folder not on the whole CD.
Thanks,
Chris
Printable View
I check the CD i downloaded and on th index. html it is showint KNOPPIX 5.0
I tried to go to KNOPPIX and run mkfloppy.bat unde knoppix folder on CD but there is no such batch file on the folder not on the whole CD.
Thanks,
Chris
I just booted from Knoppix 5.0.1, and there wasn't any program to create the boot-floppies. It seems that this has been removed from the Knoppix.Quote:
Originally Posted by technogeekchris
So it's possible that you just can't use Knoppix on that computer.
Maybe you should try some other Linux Distribution?
While I was checking how to install Ubuntu, I found a program instlux from http://sourceforge.net/projects/instlux which claims to be able to install either Ubuntu 6.06 or OpenSuSE10.1 directly from WindowsXP.
So if you still want to install Linux, and you have fast enough internet-connection, you could get instluxNETUbuntu6_06english.exe and try that. (You need internet-connection while installing as it will download all needed packages while installing.)
(I don't have WindowsXP so I can't test that - so use at your own risk.)
I am using ADSL on internet connection but its too slow if it will download while installing. Could you please just send me a link to download the KNOPPIX Version on CD that allows FLOPPY BOOT... thanks...
Knoppix 4.0.2 CD seems to allow floppy boot, but it most likely WILL NOT work properly after you install it because it's not meant to be installed but used as a LiveCD.Quote:
Originally Posted by technogeekchris
So I won't give a link for that because it would just give you too much problems.
You can allways use Google to try to find that if you insist on installing it. Just make sure that you have backup of all important files, and that you are able to reinstall Windows just in case that's needed.
Ok, I have a 1GB USB flash disk. If I copy the installer on the USB Flash drive, Can I run it thru SBM loader? Will I be able to run knopix 5 installer? Thanks...
I don't really know. I don't have any USB drives.Quote:
Originally Posted by technogeekchris
btw, I just noticed that in your first message you said:
I think that after installing Knoppix, you won't be using XP boot loader anymore but something else. So if something goes wrong it's quite possible that you won't be able to boot from XP anymore. (Still I havn't used Knoppix-installer so I don't know for sure.)Quote:
Originally Posted by technogeekchris
Tahnks for ALL the help... I tried my best but i guess I will just go back to XP... I dont need KNOPPIX now, I just wasted alot of time now... I wanted to try but its not just possible... THANKS for all the HELP anyways........ BYE