Re: No suitable partitions
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatGuy
PS: I see I wrote inside your quotes; oops.
Hey guys, it's not necessary or even desirable to quote everything someone says in one huge block before replying back to them. It just wastes space and everyone's download time. Quotes are best used to call attention to the part of the message being responded to. Or in the case of a message that was not the previous one in the thread to quote enough to make it clear what you are responding to. But duplicating eerything someone posts, even their own quote of your previous post. is foolish.
Quotes Re: No suitable partitions
Agreed, and I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but the quote button is the only way I've found to reply to a message rather than its thread. It grabbed everything, even though I only chose a line, and it took a while to figure that out.
[Comments on plain text, interfaces of various kinds, and vcr clocks omitted.]
Another case of (Arthur C.) Clarke's Third Law, I guess: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
{Possibly constructive side track: Would the browsing window reply and quote buttons work better if they said: "Reply to thread" and "Reply to message?"}
Come to think of it, the forum's email sorcerer must use some kind of markup language, eh? Is that what all those buttons across the top and down the side are about?
Muttering, finger pokin, flippin switches...
I guess I _should_ have done something like:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatGuy
PS: I see I wrote inside your quotes; oops.
Hey guys, it's not necessary or even desirable to quote everything someone says in one huge block... But duplicating eerything someone posts, even their own quote of your previous post. is foolish.
Then my blah, blah, maybe another snippet of quote and more blah?
That makes today a good one, since I learned something, but staying in bed with the covers pulled up is the only way to avoid being foolish once in a while, assuming the servants kept a straight face while they were in the room. They would, wouldn't they?
Anyway, thanks for brightening my day, and have a great one yourself!
HatGuy