Actually, I just updated my Nero 551049 (came shipped with my CD-writer) with the latest build 1056 and now everything's fine.
Printable View
Actually, I just updated my Nero 551049 (came shipped with my CD-writer) with the latest build 1056 and now everything's fine.
O M G :!:Quote:
Originally Posted by ktheking
Plextor :!:
First of all, I got "BURNED" by Plextor, and their "famous" Phase-Writer. When no one else "got-on-board" with this technology, it went the way of the DO-DO, and left me with discs that no other reader, let alone writer, could use. Then, Plextor dropped the complete line - so my "rulezzz" writer, becase a cd-player that ran at 4 speed, when every reader on the block was at least 32 speed, at the time.
You can preach all you want on "Plextor" - but "I'M" never buying a Plextor on past experiances...
Lastly, 1.2 GB is nothing - no matter if its hardware compression, or software compression - if it comes "on-board", it is only going to "LOCK" you into a pegion-hole market - and with Plextor backing it, who knows if this market is going to last very long. If no one else "backs" this market, it is going to go the way of the DO-DO too, not surprising with Plextor's past...
I don't want to pay "MORE" money for something, that if no one else "gets on board" with it, you might as well have a 8-track player, or a BETA Video Cassette Deck...
I don't want to get in a "flame-war" with you ktheking, just stating the facts... Plextor has a track record of making "new" products that "revolutionize" the Personal Computer World, and then, when enough people "buy" into it, they pull the plug and leave them stranded with worthless products that no one else can use, get, or have.
Enuf said, I rest my case,
Cuddles