I don't know if this will work for bin and cue files, but I mount ISOs with the following command:
mount -o loop /path/to/file.iso /some/mount/point
(Of course, precede with 'sudo' as needed.)
-SUO
Printable View
I don't know if this will work for bin and cue files, but I mount ISOs with the following command:
mount -o loop /path/to/file.iso /some/mount/point
(Of course, precede with 'sudo' as needed.)
-SUO
:idea: If your lap top can not read CDRW's do you have a usb port ? You may be able to pick-up an external CD rom "Perhaps even a CDR" that you maybe able to boot from, with either the aid of a Floppy boot disc or configuring your bios to check that drive first if you have such an option on there "Some laptops have a limited number of options in their bios". But you should infact be able to boot with the floppy, although its an added choir of having to keep an extra disk. Hopefully that works for you.
I think the command is dpkg -l .
Can someone say whether knoppix latest versions support audigy2??
ty
seph
Why was there such a dealy in new versions? It was over a month since the last knoppix. :(
Is there another Bit Torrent source for the new release besides : http://www.boegenielsen.dk/knoppix ???
Thanx!
I actually got a faster download from one of the official links (3 hours) instead of the estimated 14 hours using bit torrent.
I downloaded ver 9-24 from an ftp mirror, but the md5 checksum was off, and the download wouldn't work. I was told it was due to starting and stopping the download (dial-up restrictions).Quote:
Originally Posted by shawngiese
I downloaded ver 10-28 using Bit Torrent, and had the same download, start - stop restrictions. However, the Md5 checksum matched and the download was good.
The amount of time for both downloads were, unfortunately, both the same long period of time, again, dial-up limitations. If there was a real difference, I think in my case Bit Torrent was somewhat faster.
The new release in Bit Torrent was today made available at: http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de:6969
In Knoppix, it's the same thing--the system starts an X window session for the "knoppix" user, and the system shuts down when you terminate it.Quote:
Originally Posted by EdlinUser