Let's get back on topic here!
...hey guys...
I guess a couple of you guys never understood this forum. It's about the "FUTURE OF KLIK." Now probono ASKED for our ideas (ANY IDEAS) about the future of klik. Now before I posted three issues had already come up.
(1) How to deal with contributors and their recipes?
(2) How to deal with security?
(3) The GPL question about the client?
I am sure other issues will come up but these are the major ones I have seen in the threads. THIS FORUM was started by probono to address these issues and the ones he listed in his first post here.
For myself, I will not be able to help on the first one. For the 2nd issue, I bow before the logic of bfree. Everytime I try to come up with something, he has that plus several more details I didn't consider. bfree, I'm glad you're here. On the 3rd issue, I gave my opinion on how I felt about client being GPLed. As stated before, I am no Linux guru this is just my honest opinion.
Now morglum666 wrote the following:
"I think some of you code monkeys have stepped away a little from reality." "The author is absolutely correct; he wants it running smoothly so that modified copies of the client don't show up on the internet and break his invention." "If you are building something, help contribute to his invention before begging him to GPL it."
I agree with you that probono should have time to get klik up and running. I do not think any of his decisions should be rushed at all. I think that would be a mistake on his part. In fact, if he doesn't want to GPL the client...that's his choice (read my previous post)! But this thread concerns the FUTURE OF KLIK. I only remind you because it seems you have left reality a little bit if you think the GPL issue isn't in the future. And I am not begging him to make it GPL. He asked my opinion (all of ours, in fact) and I gave it to him. Try to make the destinction in the future before slamming someone else's opinion. I respect your's so I hope mine will have the same protection.