Thanks! This book is just barely out right now so I'd imagine it will be a few years before it needs an upgrade :)Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Big-E
Printable View
Thanks! This book is just barely out right now so I'd imagine it will be a few years before it needs an upgrade :)Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Big-E
I really enjoyed it. Some hacks are very relevant to my interests. I am itching to try the Kiosk, #24, but have been on the road, etc.
I haven't been able to dig out the Kiosk from the forums, it may be burried there but very much obfucated. You laid it out very clearly.
Not an upgrade I am talking about hacks 101-200Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfly
I'm no expert at Linux or Knoppix, but I must say that I just bought this book and it is fantastic. I highly recommend it to everyone.
Excellent work Kyle :-) It has all the things I keep forgetting (bought mine on the Linux Expo in the Netherlands)
the remastering section is great.
Any thought to the upgrade, yet? If yes, I would not mind contributing; how would I go about doing that?Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfly
Funny you should say that, I'm near the end up the update to Knoppix Hacks right now! Plans are for it to be out this fall. Unfortunately it's too late for you to be able to contribute, but perhaps next time :)Quote:
Originally Posted by SiKing
So what do I do, so that I dont miss out "next time"?Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfly
Honestly that's tough for me to say. There are a limited number of hacks aren't written by me, and for the most part those hacks are written by the creator of a project (for instance Klik) about their project. The majority of the hacks I write myself.Quote:
Originally Posted by SiKing
Are you in involved in Knoppix development or the creator of a Knoppix-based live CD? If what you are involved in makes for a useful hack, and particularly if you have writing experience, it would increase the likelihood that you might be asked to contribute if another edition comes out.
-Kyle
None of that. I'm just some guy that started poking around too much into one feature of Knoppix, because it did not do what I wanted it to do - persistent home and configuration, hack #21 I believe. :) I have some ideas on how to enhance it, and how to hack it up (in the spirit of your book).Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfly