I was looking at this man page.
I'm thinking I am missing a package your keyboard requires.
Anybody have any experience with the ins and outs of USB keymaps? Do they usually require a different map than a PS/2 keyboard?
Printable View
I was looking at this man page.
I'm thinking I am missing a package your keyboard requires.
Anybody have any experience with the ins and outs of USB keymaps? Do they usually require a different map than a PS/2 keyboard?
Strange, my last post isn't showing, it is there but hidden on regular thread display -- looks like a possible software bug?
Kbreen, I don't have a usb keyboard, would you mind being a guinea pig for me as I try to fix the usb issue?
I think console-data is what is missing. That's the package that has all the extra keyboard mapping.
How can I help?Quote:
Originally Posted by John
Are you able to create a new release with the missing package?
Or are you looking for me to try and do this?
I am in the process of making a new release ( I guess I'll call it 0.1.1 :-)).
Thanks for the offer, I think I am on it. I have the keyboard mapping packages back in, and added usbutils, which I am hoping will enable your usb keyboard. I am in the process of doing other modifications. Hopefully I'll be able to put a new ISO up in a couple of days.
It would be a big help for you to try out the new ISO for me and let me know what is/isn't fixed.
Looking forward to your new release. Let me know when/where I can get it.Quote:
Originally Posted by John
Will your package modifications take you over your 50MB?
No, I am keeping it at 50MB at all costs. Alextreme was kind enough to point out some areas where I could do some extra trimming. I have some extra room now to add some more applications.
Hi,
I will be putting up a new ISO next week. I've cleaned things up some, and trimmed out more.
What was lost:
pcmcia support
many locals and zone info
kernel source
What was gained:
Xpdf
Nedit (very nice text editor)
spell check (American English)
AxY FTP (gtk based FTP client)
USB support
keyboard mapping
A lot of the apps are shoo-horned, for instance the Xpdf I am using is a leaner statically compiled version I hunted down on the net. It is about 1/3 the size of the static binary on the Xpdf website. About half of the apps are from Debian, and half are hunted down -- what ever gave me the most room.
It is still sitting just shy of 50M, and is actually a useful desktop at this point.