I just canīt believe thereīs still no ISO available.
Are there no Knoppix-Fans on the Cebit? Someone who at least getīs the CD?
Man I hate it to live in munich, where was Klaus at the Systems?
Printable View
I just canīt believe thereīs still no ISO available.
Are there no Knoppix-Fans on the Cebit? Someone who at least getīs the CD?
Man I hate it to live in munich, where was Klaus at the Systems?
it's on eDonkey / eMule (as reported tin the German Knoppix forum). A shame that it is fist given on CD and only afterwards to the ftp sites.
my guess on why he waited was so that at the end of Cebit, multiple people WILL mirror it. Perhaps that way it will reduce the strain , and increase access times as opposed to only a few mirrors hosting it at the start.... perhaps he is giving it to the comercial people so that more of them can see what it is and distribute it with there products to increase it's market share, and that of linux in general. who knows. Don't complain that you have to wait to get your free copy of a free product.
Dont even try to mess with edonkey to find 3.2. I installed Windows 98 into a vmware session to try to install edonkey, went to edonkey.com to try to install the edonkey client. I COULD NEVER GET THRU THE POP UP ADs/BROWSERS to find where the client was downloaded --- or even figure out what I was supposed to do to "get there". It is a CF.
I wasted my time, dont waste yours.
Like I stated earlier... I think someone should use bit torrent to help distribute it ... the more people are downloading it the faster it gets!!!
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/
:)
Min
minhsao,
For it to get "faster" do the people downlaoding it *HAVE* to have the bit torrent client installed or can they just be DL'ing without it?
If it DOESNT require *EVERYONE* to have the client, I will "put it up" as soon as I can find it...
BTW....WAR EAGLE!!! (check my avitar! Grad '93, you?)
The way I understand is that bit torrent creates a dummy image on your computer. It then downloads bit and pieces from everyone that has the image and slowly replaces the dummy image. So the more people that have the file you want... say Knoppix 3.2 ... the faster you can get your file. I tried it with animes, and it works very well... that is why I am suggesting it for Knoppix.
Sorry to everyone else if this is going away from the original thread ... but it is just a thought for distribution.
Thanks.
oh... as for me ... I am a 99 AU EE grad.
Min
so...when you had success with bit-t did *YOU* have the client installed?
BTW I lived in Magnolia Arms. You?
yes... I had the client and I just followed a bit torrent link.
Just click on the link and the process begins.
BTW... there are fake knoppix 3.2 images on eMule. One image was only 700k
kinda small huh?
Min
If I had the possibility I would pay someone for getting me a copy.Quote:
Originally Posted by god
I already asked everyone that I know, but no one seems to be interested on the Cebit.
If itīs true that there are copys on emule thatīs a real shame.