I dunno Cuddles...I looked in all of my installs (2 debian and 1 knoppix) and none of them even have a line 39 in that particular file.Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddles
Printable View
I dunno Cuddles...I looked in all of my installs (2 debian and 1 knoppix) and none of them even have a line 39 in that particular file.Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddles
Took a look at the file, and this is the only thing, around the 39 th line, and the only part of the file that isnt commented out... i.e. line #1 to around line 38 are all comments...
If I count out the lines, the "german" line, is the 39th line... Is it me, or do I actually have "german" folder / directory names, never saw one -=- If I was going to guess on my own solution, I would say a "comment" should be made on that "german" line, and, not sure about this, but, shouldn't the "games" line be un-commented ?????Code:subtranslate section->section
Anwendungen/Editoren/ Editors/ # move all Debian submenus to root
Apps/Net/ Internet/
X-Debian-Apps-Net Internet/
# X-Debian-Games Games # move all Debian/Games submenus to root
endtranslate
I can only tell you what is in all of my translate-menus files Cuddles. But mine end with a blank line at line 38. Also, for all of them, everything is commented out. And I have no line about games. My guess is that you could remove all of the above and it would work. Or you could just comment it out I suppose.
ChampagneMojo,
Tried the suggestion of just commenting out the whole-lot, it worked perfectly, everything came back, and even the newer stuff I forgot I even downloaded - thanks MILLIONS :!:
ALSO, I guess I am going to start taking things out of my start up, I found out that "named" is a NIS Server, that uses "bind 9", which I take it, "ypbind" is a part of, so the lot is going bye-bye... Heck, I don't think I had this stuff before, and was able to get to the "outside world" just fine, so, I should be able to do it again :D
Thanks to everyone, for making my mistake, a little less "catrostrphic" [major spelling]
Ms. Cuddles
Oh, Cuddles I am so glad you are all put back together! :D I really admire your patience and don't give in to a reinstall. Me, if I spend a week on it I lose it :twisted: and reinstall after I lick wounds
Champagne, I am saving your stuff in my "information" folder (someday I hope to create a personal linux wiki for myself-- too much to do scribbley post-its).