Knoppix 3.8 / Intel 2200BG / WPA
Since the (test) version 1.0.1 of the ipw2200 driver ist included with Knoppix 3.8 my Intel 2200BG mini-pci wireless adapter was auto-detected at boot. To establish a wireless connection using the tools provided by Knoppix was very easy.
After downloading the wpa_supplicant, I even got a WPA connection to my ap. Cool.
Powermanagement works flawlessly, wireless connections with no problems. Almost no reason to run Windows XP on my centrino laptop... if there wasn't... well... Warcraft III does not work on Linux, yet.
Oh -- 2 problems: my external firewire hd does not work and I could not unmount my usb stick (always busy).
How can I save modifications to the disk?
Hello,
Could anyone may explain me how to configure unionfs in order to be able to save modifications (new programs etc) to the disk?
At the moment all modifications are installed in RAM and lost after reboot.
Wojtek.
BTW: How can I subscribe Debian-Knoppix mailing list and how can I access its past archives?
Re: How can I save modifications to the disk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnti
Could anyone may explain me how to configure unionfs in order to be able to save modifications (new programs etc) to the disk?
At the moment all modifications are installed in RAM and lost after reboot.
When you ask "to the disk", do you mean the CDR disk? The very nature of a CDR/CDROM disc implies that it is difficult (more like impossible) to write to the disc, especially if the disc is 695MB or 700MB. If it was possible to write another track or another session to a CDR, there would still be the issue of UnionFS mounting this data on top of the existsing UnionFS mount. In theory it sounds as if it can be done but as with many things, the devil is in the details/implementation.
When you ask "to the disk", do you mean the hard disk? If so, then it should be much easier to create a place to store the data. The it would be up to the user to figure out how to UnionFS mount the stored data on top of the existsing UnionFS mount.
Please see my post in this thread here http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=78447#78447. It details how Knoppix creates the UnionFS mounts on bootup.