Stephen, sorry for the delaz.Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
I still can't listen to my mp3 with knoppix :( XMMS still freezes...
Thanks for the help
Filipe
Printable View
Stephen, sorry for the delaz.Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
I still can't listen to my mp3 with knoppix :( XMMS still freezes...
Thanks for the help
Filipe
Try using lsof /dev/dsp to see which process is using the sound device and kill it off. You may also want to see which output device is being used by XMMS go to options then preferences look at the output plugin and it should be using OSS.Quote:
Originally Posted by filipedinis
GNU/LINUX ON LAPTOP FUJITSU/SIEMENS AMILO A7614-09GD aka A1400 or CY26
knoppix installed without ANY trouble,
but you need to hack a bit for optimising your system ...
see http://rzr.online.fr/linux.htm
Remaning questions are :
* Kernel : what is your /usr/src/linux/.config and /etc/modules for 2.6* ? what are needed modules for touchpad and keyboard ?
* Graphics : did you build the patched release of kernel & X for dri (3d) ?
* What other os are working on it (including windows beside preinstalled fujitsu edition of win XP home)
* Modem : how to make it work ? which driver to use ?
* Sound : midi ?
* Power Management : how to optimise this ? how to toggle screen on standby (acpi) ?
# lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device cab0 (rev 13)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc U1/A3 AGP Bridge [IGP 320M] (rev 01)
00:02.0 USB Controller: ALi Corporation USB 1.1 Controller (rev 03)
00:03.0 Modem: ALi Corporation Intel 537 [M5457 AC-Link Modem]
00:04.0 IDE interface: ALi Corporation M5229 IDE (rev c4)
00:06.0 Bridge: ALi Corporation M7101 PMU
00:07.0 ISA bridge: ALi Corporation M1533 PCI to ISA Bridge [Aladdin IV]
00:08.0 Multimedia audio controller: ALi Corporation M5451 PCI AC-Link Controller Audio Device (rev 02)
00:09.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
00:0a.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. IEEE 1394 Host Controller (rev 46)
00:0b.0 CardBus bridge: ENE Technology Inc CB1420 Cardbus Controller (rev 01)
00:0b.1 CardBus bridge: ENE Technology Inc CB1420 Cardbus Controller (rev 01)
00:0f.0 USB Controller: ALi Corporation USB 1.1 Controller (rev 03)
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility U1
BlixblixQuote:
Originally Posted by blixblix
I've tried pming you but the page is down(404 page not found error), Could you PM me if you get this message???
I was having problems with my nic (same exact laptop), but it works fine now but my wireless...its a microsoft card, yeah I know, but its got the prisim-32 chipset and I think that's all I need to be good to go, but when it boots, it sees the card,and then boom freeze on the loadup right when it recognizes the card.
Thanks
Nick
After several hours trying to hunderstand a bit of this i finally got it!Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
In XMMS preferences i putted the right audio device>/dev/dsp1 (it was /dev/dsp)
Ißm listening to the Crystal Method mp3 album right now :)
Thanks a lot! :D
Compaq presario 1020 - 120mhz pentium, 32mb ram, 4.8gb hdd
Knoppix 3.2 seems to run fine when booted from cd. Everything looks like it's working but is unable to detect my pcmcia 3com 10t etherlink III card. Anyone have any ideas on how to get my lan card working?
Ran the CD and the install on an HP 4325. No big problems.
With the kernel provided by the cd the cpu ran hot and the fan was at full blast. Best thing to do is to download and compile the 2.4.22 kernel which has acpi built in and gives you a chance to change from the generic cpu settings to Athlon. Nice speed increase too after setting the cpu correctly. You just have to be sure to say yes to all the elements that you want for acpi. Now it runs much cooler and quieter and I can see my battery monitor automagically.
Best thing for booting and boot to install is to set the video to fbdev. It seems to look better than vesa.
Sound works fine, video is fine, the nic is fine, acpi is good, and the modem works too after some tweaking. Not a bad experience at all and forget about having to turn off Legacy or pcmcia. That's for other people to deal with.
Well, I'm off to get some work done on my new Linux laptop.
Hi,
I'm not sure who is compiling a list but here is what I've
tested Knoppix on. (except for some wireless problems, internal 10/100mb networkcards all work) For some models with the GEforce
you will have to use the cheatcodes to get a full screen.
Knoppix version used, 3.2 exp iso 06-06
Toshiba notebooks,
Satelite pro 4200 (all of the series 4270 ect.)
Satelite pro 4300 ( all of the series)
Satelite Pro 4600 (all models)
Satelite Pro 6000 (all models incl. 6050 and 6070)
Satelite Pro 6100 (all models)
Satelite Pro M10
Tecra 8000 (all models but no sound)
Tecra 8100
Tecra 8200
Tecra 9000
Tecra 9100
Tecra S1
Tecra M1
Satelite 40x0 series (4030 to 4090)
Satelite 4100
Satelite 5000, 5100 and 5200
I'm running it at home on a Satelite Pro 4270 and 4280
Hope this helps, Tom
I have a SAGER 5650 and EVERY version of knoppix works with it and I got version 3.1 installed along with XP PRO and I had to configure only the WI/FI I now have version 3.2 and that installed great the only problem I got is that it don't shutdown correctly so I have to do a shell reboot.. but other than that It works great...
just for info...
CPU: P4 mobile 2.2Ghz
RAM: 512MB PC2100
HD: 40Gb
Video: ATI Radeon Mobility 7500
Screen: 15"
CD: CD-RW/DVD
Here all working laptop
http://knoppixfr.tuxfamily.org/index...hardware&cat=1
add yours if not in the database.
webmaster -> Could be good to work together with our database.
join me be e-mail.