If you already have it installed to the hard drive the easiest way to upgrade is:Quote:
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:31 pm
Hi all!
I'm spanish, I have 3.2 knoppix on hd, and I would like to upgrade.
What can I do to upgrade without loose today configuration?
I thought to use apt-get update + apt-get upgrade (to Debian sid or testing).
But, maybe the best it's to get new 3.3 knoppix c't edition and install it.
Maybe I could download 3.4 and test and install it, but I read is only in deustch. But if i install it in hd, could I pass to spanish?
What did u do people?
Thanks.
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
The only advantage of installing with the 3.4 version of Knoppix is that it is an easy way to transition to the 2.6 kernel series. But if that is what you want to do, please note THE KNOPPIX 3.4 C'T VERSION DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO INSTALL TO THE HARD DRIVE, so you will need to wait for the 3.4 official release sometime in March.
As far as using the c't version from the cd to test your hardware with the 3.4 version you can easily use the 2.6.1 kernel and your choice of language by entering at the boot prompt:
knoppix26 lang=<Your_Lang_Code_Here>
Cheers,
Silas Bennett
