Why bearshare or emule? Is there something wrong with bittorrent?Quote:
Originally Posted by supernix
Printable View
Why bearshare or emule? Is there something wrong with bittorrent?Quote:
Originally Posted by supernix
Hi justin_c, UnderScore and eco2geek,Quote:
Originally Posted by eco2geek
There is a Linux ISO editing tool for use in KDE called KIso and you can find out about it here http://kiso.sourceforge.net/ Maybe it is something worth requesting that this App be added to the Knoppix disk in future although I must say I have not tried it myself.
Please see my post in customizing and remastering regarding the DVD customizing of isolinux.cfg in the DVD.Quote:
Originally Posted by eco2geek
I just don't seem to get nearly as much speed from the Torrents as I do Emule or BearShare.
I did test the Knoppix 4.0 de though and sadly enough I could not get it to work for printing.
I have a HP deskjet 5100 and it would not work. It is attached to the USB port as well.
Speed, of course, depends on the speed of the site or sites that is sending the file, but if this is an overall true statement including for the Knoppix CD torrents then you're likely not using BitTorrent right. I've talked about how to set BitTorrent up in other threads, but It's straying far off-topic for a NEWS thread on Knoppix 4, so I'm not going to duplicate that information here. Just consider that there may still be things that you could learn and search the forums for recent mention of BitTorrent or research it more on your own.Quote:
Originally Posted by supernix
I have hexedited Knoppix 4.0 dvd to English and shared it on emule
KNOPPIX_V4.0-2005-06-08-LINUXTAG2005-DVD-EN.part1.rar
KNOPPIX_V4.0-2005-06-08-LINUXTAG2005-DVD-EN.part2.rar
KNOPPIX_V4.0-2005-06-08-LINUXTAG2005-DVD-EN.part3.rar
KNOPPIX_V4.0-2005-06-08-LINUXTAG2005-DVD-EN.part4.rar
KNOPPIX_V4.0-2005-06-08-LINUXTAG2005-DVD-EN.part5.rar
KNOPPIX_V4.0-2005-06-08-LINUXTAG2005-DVD-EN.part6.rar
Where knoppix 4.0 CD (iso, torrent, rar) can be found. I see everywhere DVD edition but no cd version. Maybe it wasn't released yet ??
Klaus has not released the CD version.....
Thanks for the info -- it wouldn't compile on my Kanotix/Debian Sid box, but it looks very interesting. Maybe it'll make its way into KDE and/or Debian.Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelman
Did you install all the deps?Quote:
Originally Posted by eco2geek
This older one installed http://www.podulator.com/debs/kiso/k...0.7-1_i386.deb but for some reason only works with "kdesu kiso"
EDIT: No wonder it needed kdesu. It seems to have added the following to /etc/sudoers:
ALL ALL=NOPASSWD:/bin/mount -o loop* -t iso9660* /home/*/.kisotmp/* ,/bin/umount /home/*/.kisotmp/*