Re: Other things you can do with the CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-ukl
The '1024M' was on the principle that it will be faster for Windows to write/read things from 'paging' disk, rather than re-read it from CD. You can set it as you wish.
It seems that Windows or QEMU doesn't like this for systems that don't have enough physical RAM. I only have 512MB on my Win2k box and the batch file would not work, QEMU would just start and quit right away. When I copied the batch file to my HD and changed -m 1024 to -m 256 and relaunched qemu-knoppix.bat, it worked fine.
On my P4 1.5GHz machine, it is running quite slow. Is this because I only gave QEMU 256MB to use, or just that my processor is too slow for this kind of emulation?
PS: Great idea though, thanks for adding it.
Knoppix 3.8 Cebit download
hello all
here is the link to download the knoppix 3.8 Cebit-Edition:
http://www.winfuture.de/downloadstar...2431,1349.html
have a lot of fun.
greetings mario