im not sure how to host im just using the client tboege would b the one to give an answer to that question.Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSNEY
Printable View
im not sure how to host im just using the client tboege would b the one to give an answer to that question.Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSNEY
I am sorry, we all are sorry, I just tought abotu you maybe Getting mad at us for someone posting the ISO before the mirrors have the offitial after CeBIT, but think, we're all lovers of your work, and of you, it's like the ultimate candy to a children and the ultimate tool to a geek, it's not out of bad intentions that we do this but out of need :/ so I hope you don't get mad at us for this and that you keep the great work churnign out babies like these. We love you and your work, so pelase don't get mad at us, will you:
:) A faithfull fan :) :oops:
Well - I'm really no expert. I've never heard about BitTorrent before it was mentioned in this thread above. I decieded to try it, because I have very limited bandwith (512/256 kb/s). As I understand it, BitTorrent ensures, that more people can gain.
How it works (as I understand it)
knoppix32.bin.torrent contains information, wich is used by btdownload to request the file from a daemon called bttracker on my system (listening on port 6969). The bttracker daemons gives information back about which other btdownload-clients currently is running downloading the file in question. The btdownload-clients are servers as well as clients. The trick is, that they can serve to upload the file in parts. It can therefore start serving after it has downloaded a very little part of the file.
In that way, all the clients are providing bandwidth to other downloaders. It is therefore advantageous, that you let your btdownload-client run - even after the download has completet, because it continues to serve as long as the client is running.
It is possible to restart the client, even after the download has finished.
Plese correct my mistakes - if any :-)
I downloaded a bit torrent file from: http://www.boegenielsen.dk/knoppix/ but it does not work "problem connecting tracker", is there another mirror/share for knoppix 3.2??
I had the same problem. Am currently using BT++. You can find it here: http://btplusplus.sourceforge.net/
Once we've been able to completely download the disc image (thanks so much for those who made it available!), what can be done before burning it that will make the CD default to our preferred language? I speak English, so that would be what I would have the most immediate interest in learning how to setup.
if its the same as v.31 then just type 'knoppix lang=us'. at the boot: prompt. im still dl'ing so i cant say for sure about this image.Quote:
Originally Posted by sfish
You guys are awesome!!!
BitTorrent RULES!!!
... Thanks for the BT link!!!
Min
I will have it in 5 Hours... yeah...
So... for those of you already installed it and played with it, was it worth the wait???
To the folks who already have it: PLEASE let your downloaders open also when the download is complete (you can also re-open the downloader and select the existing file as location). This way you help uploading with your bandwidth.