Dell Inspiron 2650 Works...
I've got a Dell Inspiron 2650, Pentium 4-M 1.7GHz, 512 MB, 20GB HD, 32MB NVidia GeForce2Go and I originally had a problem loading Knoppix. It would stall out and not load after the initial install list. I used the cheat code "noscsi" and damn if it didn't work. I've had no problem since then have have been able to setup a home directory on an external USB hard drive.
KNOPPIX ROCKS!
Sony Vaio PCG-FX300, PCG-F350
Works great on both of my Vaio's.
FX300
PIII 1 Ghz, 512 Mb ram, 20 gig hd, i81(0/5) graphics (8 megs), usb thumb drive, firewire (used Kino for DV editing), AC97 sound driver, & HCF/HSF linuxant modem driver.
F350
PII 366Mhz, 128 Mb ram, no hd, Neomagic 4 meg video, can't remember the audio but it is better than the FX300, HCF/HSF linuxant modem driver, firewire (haven't used for any DV due to slow chip speed), usb thumb drive.
With the 2.6.2 kernel APM/APCI works great. I also have the SonyPI keys going so when I unplug I can slow down both CPU's with cpufreq, and also I can dim the screens. With the FX300 I can go about 4 hours unplugged doing only word processing (3000mAh batt). I will be getting a second batt for it. No battery in the F350 but I will be getting 1 or 2 for it as well.
~ryan
Wow working on a Presario 1722EU
Wow working on a Presario 1722EU
Not only is everything working my wireless g pcmcia card (SMC) is working with the last release 2-16.... How cool is this! :lol:
WORKS...Dell Latitude D600
Dell Latitude D600
Intel Centrino 1.6 GHz CPU
40 GB HDD
1 GB RAM
Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 802.11b card (still not working)
14.1" SXGA+ Display
8-24-24-24X SWDVD/CDRW Combo Drive
Internal 56k modem (Untested)
Everything I want works great EXCEPT the Intel Centrino-based 2100 wireless networking card.
Any suggestions on how to get that going, would be appreciated.