It has happened long time since version 3.4 announced, how time we must hope to download it?
Printable View
It has happened long time since version 3.4 announced, how time we must hope to download it?
I think we have to wait untill CeBIT (18 March) www.cebit.de.
Can anyone confirm it?
If we just knew a date to look forward to it would help a great deal.
:D
I'll give it about an hour after the first person gets their hands on it and the bittorrents will be flying and since the event is in Germany I'll put my money on 5:00am EST March 18th for the first post with a torrent.Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow
http://www.loadux.com/freeservers.html
Hmmm.
-SUO
That is not fair. :( I dont have any web page to link to but I want the ISO or CD. Guess I will have to wait like the rest.Quote:
Originally Posted by SUOrangeman
Does this particular copy burn to the harddrive?
When 3.4 is available to the general public I am putting it on my laptop. Replacing that other Linux distro.
When Knoppix 3.4 Cebit is released I'll install it on my primary PC. I'm finally dead tired of random freezes from my Hauppauge TV card and running Norton Antivirus with highest level of protection (that takes a lot of my 800 MHz CPU).
It took me a long time to realize that switching would benefit me much. I first had to figure out how to move my Windows games (Battlefield 1942/Desert Combat, SimCity 4, and The Sims). I'm sure there will be other problems. The latest is a KDE replacement for Gamespy.
Bottom line is - f*k Windows :evil:
3.4 Cebit . Is this the official name of the next Knoppix release?Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0wflake
Or the name of the next release before the official release?
And this should probably be.Because Windows is only as good as Microsoft makes it.Quote:
Bottom line is - f*k Microsoft :evil:
is it true that the cebit version will be a proper release of knoppix => like 3.3? as far as i know the ct-knoppix was only some remaster the magazine people did themselfes.
Well, I just submitted mine, hope it comes. If it comes before 3/18 I'll be sure to rip it and start a tracker :DQuote:
Originally Posted by SUOrangeman