I think some may have misinterpreted my earlier post. I do not want to do away with the cd knoppix. Undeniably it needs to be there. I just want an option to download an official cd version or an official dvd version. You can fit a lot of compressed software on a dvd. And it would be nice to have that option. Even if it were available for free download I think that people would be willing to pay for a kitchen sink version uberknoppix dvd rather than spend hours downloading it to burn. It would be ok for Mr. Knopper to make money for his efforts wouldn’t it?
As far as what to remove to fit the cd, I think remove anything that can be reinstalled as an option with Fabian’s add software script or Probono’s Klik page. That way you could just download the removed software. Have the cake and eat it too
