knoppix 3.4 kernel 2.6 ethernet help!
Hi i'm italian and sorry for my english!
I have a problem: i installed knoppix 3.4(the last) on my hard disk and works fine but my network connection doesen't work.
I have two ethernet card, one is sis 900(integrated) and one is realtek 8139 .
When is set the netowrk parameters not works , wich ifconfig from shell is the same!
I see if the module is ok but lsmod: no module installed for sis and for realtek.
Which modprobe the module is loaded but not working the network connection!!!
This problem only if i start knoppix with kernel 2.6.6 and the kernel boot report that i have 3 ethernet interfaces!!! i have two.
with kernel 2.4.26 is ok but when i shut down knoppix and restart i lose network configuration and is necessary to rewrite the configuration!
Anyone can explain to me to solve the problem with kernel 2.6.6?
And which method can i use to save a configuration of network card without rewrite all any moment?
Thanks in advance
My Knoppix won't auto-connect either
I have connection problem with 3.4 too.
I am running Knoppix 3.4 on HDD. When I first boot I have no connection.
lsmod and ifconfig gives the following;
lsmod gives
root@knopbox:~# lsmod
Module Size Used by Not tainted
raw1394 19252 0 (unused)
ehci-hcd 16616 0 (unused)
autofs4 8756 1
af_packet 13544 0
nls_iso8859-1 2844 0
nls_cp437 4348 0
agpgart 42660 0 (unused)
i810_audio 25208 1
ac97_codec 11884 0 [i810_audio]
3c59x 25456 0 (unused)
forcedeth 9836 1
tuner 9408 1 (autoclean)
tvaudio 12444 0 (autoclean) (unused)
bttv 96320 0 (unused)
i2c-algo-bit 6920 1 [bttv]
i2c-core 12228 0 [tuner tvaudio bttv i2c-algo-bit]
soundcore 3428 2 [i810_audio bttv]
videodev 5600 2 [bttv]
serial 52068 0 (unused)
joydev 7584 0 (unused)
hid 22372 0 (unused)
input 3168 0 [joydev hid]
sbp2 16588 0 (unused)
usb-storage 61952 0
ataraid 6404 0 (unused)
ohci1394 22888 0 (unused)
ieee1394 183300 0 [raw1394 sbp2 ohci1394]
usb-ohci 18088 0 (unused)
usbcore 57824 1 [ehci-hcd hid usb-storage usb-ohci]
pcmcia_core 39840 0
thermal 6532 0 (unused)
processor 8976 0 [thermal]
fan 1568 0 (unused)
button 2508 0 (unused)
battery 5888 0 (unused)
ac 1792 0 (unused)
ide-cd 28704 0
ide-scsi 9040 0
rtc 7004 0 (autoclean)
ext3 64452 1 (autoclean)
jbd 46516 1 (autoclean) [ext3]
I am running Knoppix 3.4 on HDD. When I first boot I have no connection and ifconfig gives the following;
root@knopbox:~# ifconfig
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:E0:18F:B1:36
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:1 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:1 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:590 (590.0 b) TX bytes:342 (342.0 b)
Interrupt:20 Base address:0x1000
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:10 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:10 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:500 (500.0 b) TX bytes:500 (500.0 b)
The I go to the Knoppix Network Card configuration and select eth0 and yes to DHCP. I am then connected OK and ifconfig gives the following;
root@knopbox:~# ifconfig
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:E0:18F:B1:36
inet addr:192.168.100.11 Bcast:192.168.100.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:349 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:407 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:139191 (135.9 KiB) TX bytes:70000 (68.3 KiB)
Interrupt:20 Base address:0x1000
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:14 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:14 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:700 (700.0 b) TX bytes:700 (700.0 b)
When I reboot my connection is gone again
I have seen some threads hinting that all this may be caused by windows security updates but that is sure hard to believe.