Is there any list of the MAN (etc.) documentation installed?
I know there are various documentation items installed during the HD installation process - but, it's difficult to find them. Is there any way off calling up a list of the available documentation on the HD?
Thanks in advance, for any help with ths.
Scruffy
http://scruffyeagle.com
Re: Is there any list of the MAN (etc.) documentation instal
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffyeagle
I know there are various documentation items installed during the HD installation process - but, it's difficult to find them. Is there any way off calling up a list of the available documentation on the HD?
Thanks in advance, for any help with ths.
Scruffy
http://scruffyeagle.com
apt-get install dwww then once it is installed point your web browser to http://localhost/dwww and you will have all html documentation on the system available and the man pages as well. If the apache web server is not started at boot then either update-rc.d apache defaults or apt-get install --reinstall apache. To make sure you get the man pages you should be checking to see that the man2html package gets installed.
Re: Is there any list of the MAN (etc.) documentation instal
Quote:
apt-get install dwww then once it is installed point your web browser to
http://localhost/dwww and you will have all html documentation on the system available and the man pages as well. If the apache web server is not started at boot then either
update-rc.d apache defaults or
apt-get install --reinstall apache. To make sure you get the man pages you should be checking to see that the man2html package gets installed.
Thank you for your quick response to my inquiry. Unfortunately, I haven't reached a point yet where I can connect the machine online - so, usage of apt-get is still beyond me. I was hoping for some guidance on how to access the materials that are already present for learning from, and for using as reference while trouble-shooting to get the installation working properly. When I become more knowledgeable, and have ironed out some of the current difficulties, I'll be more able to make use of your excellent, helpful advice. Thanks!
Scruffy
http://scruffyeagle.com