One PC, 2 drives, copying/moving date from one to the other
Hi Folks,
Very new to Knoppix but VERY impresed. Had a key users's HD "croak"; at least according to Windows...
So I stuck this HD into another working PC that had a HD in it and room for a second and booted up Knoppix.
I can see both drives fine.
The original HD (to this working PC) shows as Hard Disk Partition (hda1)
The problem HD shows as Hard Disk Partition (hdb1)
Re: One PC, 2 drives, copying/moving date from one to the ot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torriatte
Hi Folks,
Very new to Knoppix but VERY impresed. Had a key users's HD "croak"; at least according to Windows...
So I stuck this HD into another working PC that had a HD in it and room for a second and booted up Knoppix.
I can see both drives fine.
The original HD (to this working PC) shows as Hard Disk Partition (hda1)
The problem HD shows as Hard Disk Partition (hdb1)
Yiou know, I don't see a question anywhere in the post.
I also am not sure why Knoppix was even used, after the "bad" CD was moved to a second Windows computer, could that computer read the other drive? Did you try? If there was an error, what was it?
What sizes are the disks, and, if you are actually trying to recover something, how big is what you want to recover? And since you seem to have things working, are you actually asking the group anything, or just happy to report that Knoppix could see the drive and let you at the file?