Hi,
I've been thinking about creating new forum categories :
Klik
Other Live CDs
What do people think? Any other forums we are missing ?
Printable View
Hi,
I've been thinking about creating new forum categories :
Klik
Other Live CDs
What do people think? Any other forums we are missing ?
This sounds great. I do have one very minor concern. But the fix could be very simple too:
As it now stands, I can just fit the list of forums ( http://www.knoppix.net/forum/ ) on my 1024x768 screen if I scroll it down to where the top news line is at the very top of my browser (firefox) and the last english group (Tips & Tricks) is on the bottom of the screen, just enough to see if it has new articles. With more groups I'll have to scroll the screen just to check if there are new items in the forums to be read.
I don't think I would want to take any information away from the main forum list (the discriptions are quite useful to a new user), but could you give us a link to a short form or forums2 page that packed in the key information (links to the forums and indicator of new articles in each forum) more densely, so that those of use who wish to just look and see if there are new articles can quickly reload 1 page and glance at it without having to scroll through it?
Great Idea! Especially the Live CD forum
As for me, I would highly welcome a "klik" forum. Was thinking about setting up a klik forum myself, but it would be much nicer to have it here where everyone is already registered.
Greetings,
probono
How about a topic for people trying to run terminal servers?Quote:
Originally Posted by eadz
Just a thought, but...
How bout a forum for "Gamers?"; Card, action, interactive, networked, arcade, vintage, war simulation, cutting edge, fantasy, role playing, board, you name it, if its a 'game', it could be supported topics... Maybe, call it "Fun & Games" -=- Anything, and everything that can be played in Linux / Knoppix / and through Wine... The forum could provide support for installing, getting it to work, playing it, and may even "evolve" into "Tips and Tricks" to getting into higher levels, as it matures :?:
You know what they say; all work, and no play... [giggle]
The forum may help some "new people" realize that "Linux" is not just for "serious" work-aholics, and that you can "let your hair down", so-to-speak, sometimes, and just play some games :)
Just a thought,
Ms. Cuddles
Right, It might easy people abit to know there are some good games already on knoppix.Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddles
Other Live CDs forum.
Great idea, strongly supported here :-)
And/or some kind of cross-platform forum (reaching beyond Intel/AMD hardware), maybe.
Best regards,
Walter.
How about a newbie forum, for very basic questions for people like me who are not very used to the linux world.
Well I would thats what the MS-windows forum is for really, but I guess it can be abit confusing.Quote:
Originally Posted by emmbec