Apt-get Thunderbird 1.0-3...was ist los?
My new Knoppix 3.7 installation-to-hard drive is really enjoyable. So many major improvements.
Apt & Thunderbird are resisting. On Jan.24 I noticed that the Thunderbird maintainer at Debian said he had uploaded the T'bird 1.0-3 package on Jan.17.
So I asked my system: "apt-get install -t unstable mozilla-thunderbird" and it elegantly delivered and installed a perfect copy of T'bird 0.9-6.
The "target mirror" which Apt is pointed at by our Kpx3.7 by default (see /etc/apt/source.list) which is <ftp.de.debian.org> confirmed today, yes, T'bird 1.0-3 *is* in the unstable stream, and 0.9-6 in the testing stream.
So this evening I again gave my system the same apt-get command. And the reply: "You have the latest, 0.9-6".
Changed the command slightly: "apt-get mozilla-thunderbird/unstable". Got the same reply.
Can anyone tell me what kind of gremlin's at work here? Anyone seen an advisory? A fix...maybe point to another mirror?
Chada
Apt-get Thunderbird 1.0-3...was ist los?
Thank you, Rumo .
Your advice worked perfectly. Thunderbird 1.0-3 is up-and-running on my Kpx.3.7 share.
I ought to have studied Apt more thoroughly, for it works really well.
Chada
Heinrich Schnibbel (Sat. Eve Post +/- 1950) " Ve get too soon old, und too late schmardt !"
Thunderbird Dual Boot Question
I am using Thunderbird on the Windows XP side of my dual boot Knoppix computer.
Can I export/import T'bird's mail folders and address book settings from Windows XP into a Linux T'bird install?
Slowly disconnecting from Windows! :-)
Thanks,
SakiZ
Some Misinformation in the T-Bird Link
Ok, I down loaded T-Bird and installed it. Now I have T-Bird in Both Windows and Knoppix.
I had been using Mozilla mail in Linux but I thought T-Bird would be better.
I wanted to share the same mail folders as per the suggested link:
http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/share_mail.html
So I modded my prefs.js file. It didn't work. Why? Poor documentation.
The author kind of glosses over the fact that you can't put in the names of Windows directories. You have to also change them to what Knoppix sees. Knoppix does not see C:\ . It wants /mnt/hda1. So, you have to make all those mods.
So, I made all the appropriate changes....again.
Then I tried to copy the prefs.js into the T-Bird directory. That did not work. I don't know why.
BUT!!!!! It did work when I copied it to the Mozilla Mail directory. So now I have shared folders between T-Bird in Windows and Mozilla Mail in Knoppix.
Go figure. At least that is a huge improvement. I will get this T-Bird snafu ironed out.
But for right now, sharing mail folders with Windows T-Bird and Mozilla Mail is A-OK, even if it is not what I expected.
sakiZ