Knx. 3.2: partition naming
This newby actually completed the basic installation to hard drive several days ago, thanks to David McNab's (nz) fine clear HOWTO. While cfdisk gave no trouble (hda1 stayed with win2k, I also configured seven more (logical) drives, hda5 to hda11). It appears that I only got names on boot, root, and swap. I never saw an opportunity in setup to name the other 4 (usr, var, home, temp), so I guess setup ignored them.
Q. (1) How does one now check partition setup?
(2) Can one name these partitions now ?
(3) How to check a partition"s contents ?
(4) If, say usr partition is empty, how does one move usr directory into it without wrecking system?
tia, chada
Heil Knopper !javascript:emoticon(':idea:')
Idea
:idea:
Knx. 3.2 Partition Naming
Super amswers from Messrs Cormier & Rickenbahcerus. Thanks very much. I must be very grateful, for this is my 4th try to get this balky form to send my message !
Now for a long pause to digest your answers.
Chada
Knx. 3.2 Partition Naming
Rickenbacherus !
entschuldigen sie bitte.
chada
Re: Knx. 3.2 Partition Naming
Quote:
Originally Posted by chada
Rickenbacherus !
entschuldigen sie bitte.
chada
Is that German? Sorry no sprechen ze deutche (I can't spell in German either-heh heh :)